Here are 5 simple tips that can help you make your office furniture last:
- Wipe down furniture with a clean, damp cloth (not too wet) on a regular basis. This maintenance will help you avoid having to use stronger chemical-based cleaning products.
- Avoid keeping any furniture, especially leather, in direct sunlight to minimize fading.
- Clean spills up right away; liquids can cause warping or ripples in wood and upholstery if they're allowed to settle into your furniture.
- Consult your user manual or do some research to determine the right cleaning solution for your furniture's material (wood, metal, chrome, fabric, leather, vinyl, plastic, etc.). Using improper cleaning products can permanently damage or stain your furniture.
- Tighten fastenings on a regular basis. Loose screw and bolts can easily strip, come loose, and cause accidents. They also cause your furniture to break down sooner.
Need additional help with furniture care? Reach out to Southwest and we'll be happy to help.